Today is Thanksgiving Day in the United States. I began this season of thanksgiving with my post “The Month of November”, where I wrote about the Thanksgiving holiday. Though I don’t live in the US, reflecting on the underlying theme of this holiday, I am grateful for so many things in life.
Here are 15 things that I am thankful and grateful for:
- First, I am thankful to Almighty God, for the gift of life. For His abundant Grace and Mercies.
- I am extremely grateful for my wonderful family. Thank you Mama for bringing me into this world. And to my brothers and sisters, for the love and bond we all share. You are a great help and support.
- I am grateful for the land of my birth. Nigeria. Growing up there has taught me what life truly means. I understood early in life, that ‘life is a struggle and only the tough survive the challenges’.
- Oh yes, it’s true that I have come to love Facebook. Life will be boring without humour. So, I am grateful for the creative mind of Mark Zuckerberg for bringing Facebook to the world. Through Facebook, I am connected and linked to several amazing people and opportunities in the world.
- To everyone behind the ‘Internet’ and all the ‘Social Medias’ – WordPress, WhatsApp, Skype, Viber, thank you. You made communication easier across the globe. Long hours of talk with family and friends. Wow!
- And indeed to WordPress for bringing all of you wonderful bloggers into my life.
- I am extremely grateful for the country I live in where health care is free. Early in the week, I dashed off to the doctor because I felt unwell. I am fortunate that I could do that without thinking of cost.
- I want to thank all the wonderful people I met during my University days in Aarhus University, Denmark. My classmates, teachers, mentors, mentees etc. Sharing those hours with you all has enriched my cultural awareness, and made me a good team player.
- I am grateful for the countries I have visited. Travelling is knowledge. Insights into different cultures and people have changed my perception of the world. It is my best way to acquire empathy and understanding. Thus, I have learnt not to rely on the propagandas in the press.
- I am grateful for my friends and cousins in the United Kingdom, who open the doors of their homes whenever I visited. Thank you for the love you have shown me over the years. You are kind souls.
- I am thankful for those amazing friends, both old and new, that have become sisters. Thank you girls for believing in true friendship. May our bond get stronger each day!
- I am grateful for the lessons and experiences I have garnered in life. They shape my thoughts. Well, after all, life is a learning curve.
- I am extremely grateful for the air I breathe. For health. For abundant supply of food. For water. For the person I have become. For everything.
- To the wonderful people, who motivate, support, and encourage me in my passion and vision. Thank you.
- To every one of you that has crossed my path in life. Destiny brought us together. Thank you.
I am thankful that you are reading this post. Share your thoughts. Leave a comment. What is on your thank you list?
Peace and Love!
Copyright © 2016 by Simpledimple. All rights reserved.